Mobile users, find MENU top left, LOGIN top right

Tangling with CARS

  • 15 Jan 2014 9:08 PM
    Message # 1476014
    Had a  encounter with a car today bike destroyed hospital anyone with experience on dealing with the car drivers insurance. Not sure when involved on a bike and my insurance company wouldn't be involved to deal with his what the best action would be. He admited fault to police my son said after ambulance took me.
  • 16 Jan 2014 8:35 AM
    Reply # 1476341 on 1476014
    Vicki Yearian (Administrator)
    Hi Kevin,
    Very sorry about your having to be hospitalize because of a stupid car. 
    In my case, 8yrs ago, I didn't receive any money from the driver that hit me.  But that is not always how it goes. 
    Would you like me to post your message on our Facebook site?  I can forward the replies, if you don't do Facebook. 

    Get well quick,
    your bike friends at RBC
  • 16 Jan 2014 9:51 AM
    Reply # 1476404 on 1476014
    Thanks that would be great
  • 16 Jan 2014 10:54 AM
    Reply # 1476445 on 1476014

    Kevin, sorry to hear of your mishap.

    I am an insurance broker. The owners of the car are responsible for the liability, such as your bodily injury, lost wages, ambulance ride, etc. Your own insurance may help. If you carry Medical Payments on you auto insurance, it may help with medical expenses. If you carry Uninsured Motorist coverage, some policies will cover your bodily injury expenses resulting from an uninsured, underinsured or hit and run driver.

    Feel free to call me at 951-588-8823. I will be very happy to discuss this with you. You may more coverage available than you are aware of.

  • 16 Jan 2014 10:55 AM
    Reply # 1476446 on 1476014

    I forgot to mention that the owners of the car are laso responsible for your bike.

  • 16 Jan 2014 11:31 AM
    Reply # 1476479 on 1476014
    Deleted user
    Kevin, Sorry to hear about your tangle with a car! That really sucks! Hope your injuries are not to severe. My father has a close friend that is a personal injury attorney. His name is Dennis Thayer. (951)684-9323. He's local in Riverside. Give him a call and tell him I referred you. He's helped a lot of friends out over the years and is a great guy. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend!
  • 16 Jan 2014 11:54 AM
    Reply # 1476504 on 1476014
    I wish you speedy recovery. 
  • 16 Jan 2014 8:55 PM
    Reply # 1476869 on 1476014

    Having retired with 30 insurance experience, I think the posts have given you some good advice.  I would only add that if your injury was severe, such as two broken limbs, etc, I would suggest you only employ and do employ a personal injury attorney specializing in bicycle claims, and one who handles nothing but that.  I could give you a recommendation if needed.


    Best of Wishes for your recovery.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software